A Business Profile is automatically generated for every advertiser listed on the OwnLocal Platform. This profile features important information about the business, such as:
- Business Address
- Contact Information
- Phone number and Fax
- About or Business Description
- Social Media links
- Business Category
- Helpful Links
How to Update Information on a Business Profile
You can easily edit the information listed on any of your advertisers' Business Profiles. To update information for a particular business, simply access their profile settings using the instructions below.
To access a business's profile settings, you'll need to log into your Business Admin Panel. If you have been administered admin credentials, you can log in to your Business Admin Panel here.
Once logged in, select the “Businesses” tab at the top.
Next, find the name of the business whose information you wish to add or update. You can either type the business's name into the search bar at the top, or browse the alphabetical list of results.
Select the business whose information you wish to add or update.
This will direct you to the business's admin homepage. Click the "Profile" tab to access their profile settings, where you can make the proper edits.
Once in the business's profile settings, you will see editable fields for all of their basic business information—including business name, contact name, contact email, phone number, address, and map location coordinates. You have the ability to enter information into any of these fields.
Here are a few important notes about each field:
- Business Name field: This where you can enter the name of the business exactly as you would like it to appear on the front end of their Business Profile.
- Contact Information fields: This is where you can enter the name of the business owner and their preferred email address. This way, when a customer or prospect visits this advertiser's Business Profile, they will be able to email the business owner directly.
- Phone and Fax fields: When entering these numbers, do NOT include parentheses or dashes. For example, enter 1234567890 rather than (123) - 456-7890.
- Address fields: The first address field is where you can enter or edit the business' street address. The second address field is where you can enter a unit or suite number—if applicable.
- Latitude and Longitude fields: These are the coordinates used to pin the business on the OwnLocal Platform map. For more information about how these coordinates are generated and how to update them, please see: How to Move a Map Pin on a Business Profile.
Once you have made all your desired edits, click the "Update" button at the bottom of the page to save your changes. Failure to click "Update" will result in unsaved changes.
That’s it! You’ve taken all the necessary steps to update the information on your advertiser's Business Profile.
Due to reindexing and caching, it can take up to four hours for the changes you’ve made to be reflected on their live Business Profile. page.