Why Does OwnLocal Require a Testing Phase?
The testing phase is the last major step in the OwnLocal onboarding process. Testing serves as a “soft launch” and ensures that your team is confident in correctly uploading files via FTP and that we are optimally processing everything you send. We cannot overemphasize that taking advantage of this testing period is absolutely critical to a successful launch. Plus, you will be credited for everything you submit during your testing period, so there is no reason not to make the most of it!
Guidelines For Testing:
- Please submit test ads and manifests throughout your entire testing period (usually a week) in the same file format and manner you intend to upload them post-launch. For example, if you plan to use an automatic feed, please test using an automatic feed rather than manually. If you plan to export your manifest as an XML, please do not test in any other format. Should you upload files in a different manner after the testing period, we may have to troubleshoot post-launch (and nobody wants that).
- If you are using manifests for display ads, you must submit a manifest entry in association with every PDF (unless you have already made unique arrangements).
- Only PDFs can be accepted for display ad images. Other file formats will not be processed.
- You must upload manifest files before or at the same time as their associated PDF creatives (unless you have received special directions indicating otherwise).
- Display and liner ads can be uploaded at the same time in the same feed or separately. Either way, all liner content must be submitted within a “liners” subdirectory in order to be correctly identified. For manual purposes, this can be as simple as putting a “liners” folder inside of the main folder you upload.
- If you intend to upload liner ads, you will also need to submit them for testing. For liners, please send us an XML manifest and any accompanying images.
- For liner/classified ads we accept .jpg and .png images only.
- All files should be placed in the "today" folder regardless of their run dates. Please ignore all dated folders. They exist for legacy purposes only.
How to Submit Test Files
Test files (and all ad files thereafter) should be sent via FTP to our FTP server. Information about our FTP location can be found below. We recommend using FileZilla as your FTP client because it's free and easy to use, however, there are many great alternatives. If your team is already using another FTP client, stick with it! Remember, when connecting to our FTP server, be sure to connect in active mode rather than passive mode, and make sure you’re sending your files in binary format as opposed to ascii format. As noted, be sure to place files in the “today” folder only, and don't be concerned if they disappear almost immediately. This means they have been swept out for processing.
FTP Location and Credentials
This is our FTP location: ftp.adforge.ownlocal.com
Your FTP username and password will be sent to you during the onboarding process.
If you need to be reminded of your FTP username and password post-launch, feel free to email email@example.com