OwnLocal receives all of your ad files and manifest files via FTP. Your tech folks will likely be very familiar with how to work with FTP, and depending on your operation's current technical capabilities, they may even be able to automate this process. However, many of our partners also opt to carry out uploads manually. This can be done using:
- FTP via Command Line
- An FTP Client
The simplest way for most users to use an FTP is to download an FTP client. An FTP client is just an interface for sending files to another computer or server. There are a number of FTP solutions, but we're big fans of Filezilla because it's super easy to use and completely free. You can download their FTP client here. Once you've downloaded your preferred FTP client, sending files just takes a few simple steps:
- Open your FTP Client
- Enter our FTP Server Location: ftp.adforge.ownlocal.com
- Enter your FTP Username and Password
4. Upload ads to the "Today" folder
5. You're done!
If you don't know your FTP credentials, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you are still in the onboarding process, reach out to your Onboarding contact.
- Please submit manifests in a consistent style and in the same file format every time.
- If you are using manifests for display ads, you must submit a manifest entry in association with every PDF (unless you have already made unique arrangements).
- Only PDFs can be accepted for display ad images. Other file formats will not be processed.
- You must upload manifest files before or at the same time as their associated PDF creatives (unless you have received special directions indicating otherwise).
- Display and liner ads can be uploaded at the same time in the same feed or separately. Either way, all liner content must be submitted within a “liners” subdirectory in order to be correctly identified. For manual purposes, this can be as simple as putting a “liners” folder inside of the main folder you upload.
- For liners, please send us an XML manifest and any accompanying images. For liner/classified ads we can accept .jpg and .png images.
- All files should be placed in the "today" folder regardless of their run dates. Please ignore all dated folders. They exist for legacy purposes only.
Remember, when connecting to our FTP server, be sure to connect in active mode rather than passive mode, and make sure you’re sending your files in binary format as opposed to ascii format. As noted, be sure to place files in the “today” folder only, and don't surprised if they disappear almost immediately. This means they have been swept out for processing.